[SydPhil] UOW HSI Philosophy Conference: Re-thinking Diagnosis 2022

Danielle O'Neill dmon858 at uowmail.edu.au
Mon Aug 29 17:26:26 AEST 2022

HSI Philosophy is hosting a one-day conference on philosophical issues concerning the concept of diagnosis in medicine, September 15th 2022, 9:00am-7:30pm AEST.

Outside of medicine, it is often assumed that the concept of medical diagnosis is unproblematic and well-understood. However, if we look at the idea of diagnosis more carefully, we see that it is both much less clear and more problematic than first assumed. The aim of this conference is to explore philosophical questions at the intersection of practical and conceptual issues of diagnosis.

Speakers: Ashley Graham Kennedy, Annemarie Jutel, Danielle O'Neill, Havi Carel, Patrick McGivern, Stacy Carter, Stephen Rosenman, Yves Saint James Aquino

This will be a hybrid event with a combination of in-person and online presentations. Talks will be held in room 2072B, building 19, University of Wollongong main campus.

For further information see the conference website:

https://www.uowblogs.com/hsi-philosophy/events/re-thinking-diagnosis-2022/

Registration is free and all are welcome. Please by register by completing this form:

https://forms.gle/eoAKiniufB7K4v2fN9<https://forms.gle/eoAKinufB7K4v2fN9>

The conference is organised by Danielle O'Neill and Patrick McGivern. If you have any questions please contact Danielle at dmon858 at uowmail.edu.au<mailto:dmon858 at uowmail.edu.au>