[SydPhil] 'Inner West Council Philosophy Talk', Chris Fleming (WSU): “Politics in an Age of Polarisation”, Thursday, August 22, 6:30pm-7:45pm, Leichhardt Library.

Simon Lumsden s.lumsden at unsw.edu.au
Tue Aug 20 10:05:53 AEST 2019

Details of the Next “Inner West Council Philosophy Talk"

Title: “Politics in an Age of Polarisation”

Speaker:  Assoc Prof. Chris Fleming  (Philosophy, WSU)

Abstract:

We live in an age where political rivals are increasingly seen not just as opponents, but as enemies. In this talk I will try to outline the way this plays out in our attempts to explain what is going on in the world (like religious or political violence) and the implications this has for political philosophy, and politics more generally.

Thursday, August 22
6:30pm - 7:45pm
Free event - All welcome - Light refreshments provided (from 6pm)
Bookings online or call 9367 9266

Full details as well as registration for the event are available from this link:
https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/1GdMC91ZkQtXONjWToZUWI?domain=eventbrite.com.au
If the event booking says that it is fully booked please still attend as many people who register do not show up on the night.

BIO
Dr Chris Fleming is the author or editor of ten books on issues ranging from religious violence to media and film and conspiracy theory. He is Associate Professor of Philosophy in the School of Humanities and Communication Arts at Western Sydney University.

Upcoming talks:

“ Love, Freedom, and Elena Ferrante”, Thursday Sept 19, 6.30 – 7.45 pm: Leichhardt Library, Sam Shpall (U Syd)

 “What is utopia and (why) do we need it?” October 17, 6.30 – 7.45 pm: Leichhardt Library, Cat Moir (U Syd)

Simon Lumsden
(Inner West Council philosophy talks program coordinator)

Simon Lumsden | Philosophy
Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences
University of New South Wales | Sydney | NSW 2052 | Australia
work + 61 2 9385 2369
s.lumsden at unsw.edu.au<mailto:s.lumsden at unsw.edu.au>
https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/LMTdC0YZWVF5ygzXhDwP5M?domain=hal.arts.unsw.edu.au

---------
SydPhil mailing list

To unsubscribe, change your membership options, find answers to common problems, or visit our online archives, please go to the list information page: