[SydPhil] Robert Stern SIHN talk

David Macarthur david.macarthur at sydney.edu.au
Mon Aug 22 11:03:34 AEST 2016

Title: "Schiller and Løgstrup on the Good Samaritan"

Abstract
In this paper I consider similarities and differences between Schiller and Løgstrup on the way they understand the parable of the Good Samaritan, and what this tells us about ethical action.
I will suggest that there is important common ground, but also important divergences – and also that Kant is closer to them on this issue than either seem to quite realize.

Time: Fri Aug 26, 10.30am
Place Muniment Room (S401, Main Quad, University of Sydney)

All welcome!

David

Assoc. Professor David Macarthur
PG Coordinator,
Philosophy Department
The University of Sydney | NSW 2006 Australia
http://sydney.edu.au/arts/philosophy/staff/profiles/david.macarthur.php