[Limdep Nlogit List] Fwd: Question about Convolution test

Thao Thai Thao.T.Thai at monash.edu
Thu Apr 22 15:41:29 AEST 2021

Hi again,

I found one relevant previous message with instructions on the Poe test
below (
https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/cs-gCVARKgCxg9OXRfGUCf7?domain=mailman.sydney.edu.au.
However, I am still not sure how to test WTP estimates from WTP-space
models for individual attributes from two datasets.

I tried to replicate the suggested command as below:
1. I ran the first WTP-space model on one data subset and defined the
vector of WTP estimates of 12 attributes:
MATRIX ; vector1 = b (6:20)$

2. I ran the second WTP-space using another data subset and defined the
vector of WTP estimates (two data subsets have information on the same
attributes)
MATRIX ; vector2 = b (6:20)$

3. I then ran the Poe test command as instructed.
 CALC ; List ; Poe(vector1,vector2,1) $
This command produced one single test statistic. However, I would like to
have Poe test statistics for 12 individual attributes.

Your suggestions would be appreciated. Please help!
Best wishes,
Thao

"CALC ; List ; Poe(vector1,vector2) $
This produces the statistic based on the full convolution. Vectors must be
defined
with a MATRIX command.  If x1 and x2 are two variables, use
MATRIX ; vector1 = x1 ; vector2 = x2 $
then CALC Poe.  The test can be based on the difference of the vectors if
they
are the same length.  Use
CALC ; List ; Poe(vector1,vector2,1) $
Regards