[Limdep Nlogit List] WTP-space MNL model syntax

Thao Thai Thao.T.Thai at monash.edu
Fri Sep 18 10:45:36 AEST 2020

  Dear Professor Greene,

Thank you so much for your help so far. I truly appreciate it.

I understand what you mean by running the MNL and taking the ratio of
coefficients to get WTP values. The issue is by calculating WTPs, I am not
able to do statistical testing on the WTPs results. Further, statistical
testing on a preference-pace MNL will have the scale issue resulted from
two different data sets.

Are there any ways that I can test if WTPs from two data sets are
statistically (in)significantly different using Nlogit? I would really
appreciate any suggestions.

Thank you so much!
Best regards,
Thao

On Fri, 18 Sep 2020 at 01:42, William Greene via Limdep <
limdep at mailman.sydney.edu.au> wrote:

> Thao.  In the MNL, not mixed logit, the WTP space is a one to one
> transformation
> of the original parameters. You would get the identical answer for WTP
> whether you
> use the MNL and take the ratio of estimates or you use the WTP space
> parameterization.
> This construction is unnecessary.
> /Bill Greene
>
> On Thu, Sep 17, 2020 at 12:14 AM Thao Thai via Limdep <
> limdep at mailman.sydney.edu.au> wrote:
>
> > Dear Nlogit users,
> >
> > Background: I have two DCE designs differing in one design dimension. I
> > want to test whether there is a difference in WTPs results between two
> > designs. As such, I want to run a WTP-space MNL including interactions
> > between a dummy for design type and WTP values of each attribute.
> >
> > My issue: Nlogit manual provides instructions on how to run WTP-space for
> > Mixed logit models. Could you please kindly give me some advice on
> > the syntax to run a WTP-space MNL model? or some suggestions on another
> way
> > to deal with my issue if possible please?
> >
> > Thank you so much for your help.
> > Best regards,
> > Thao
> > Limdep site list
> > Limdep at mailman.sydney.edu.au
> > http://limdep.itls.usyd.edu.au
> >

> --
> William Greene
> Department of Economics, emeritus
> Stern School of Business, New York University
> 44 West 4 St.
> New York, NY, 10012
> Email: wgreene at stern.nyu.edu
> Ph. +1.646.596.3296
> Editor in Chief: Journal of Productivity Analysis
> <
> https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/57ICCjZ1N7io5RqLcRyi-F?domain=springer.com
> >
> <
> https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/57ICCjZ1N7io5RqLcRyi-F?domain=springer.com
> >
> Editor in Chief: Foundations and Trends in Econometrics
> Associate Editor: Economics Letters
> Associate Editor: Journal of Business and Economic Statistics
> Limdep at mailman.sydney.edu.au

*Thao Thai*| MHEcon(Adv), BPharm
PhD candidate
Centre for Health Economics <https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/in0XCk81N9t2W5QVtQwk0l?domain=monash.edu>
Monash Business School | Monash University
Tel (03) 99029847| Thao.T.Thai at monash.edu  <Thao.T.Thai at monash.edu>