[Limdep Nlogit List] WTP-space MNL model syntax

William Greene wgreene at stern.nyu.edu
Fri Sep 18 01:41:49 AEST 2020

Thao.  In the MNL, not mixed logit, the WTP space is a one to one
transformation
of the original parameters. You would get the identical answer for WTP
whether you
use the MNL and take the ratio of estimates or you use the WTP space
parameterization.
This construction is unnecessary.
/Bill Greene

On Thu, Sep 17, 2020 at 12:14 AM Thao Thai via Limdep <
limdep at mailman.sydney.edu.au> wrote:

> Dear Nlogit users,
>
> Background: I have two DCE designs differing in one design dimension. I
> want to test whether there is a difference in WTPs results between two
> designs. As such, I want to run a WTP-space MNL including interactions
> between a dummy for design type and WTP values of each attribute.
>
> My issue: Nlogit manual provides instructions on how to run WTP-space for
> Mixed logit models. Could you please kindly give me some advice on
> the syntax to run a WTP-space MNL model? or some suggestions on another way
> to deal with my issue if possible please?
>
> Thank you so much for your help.
> Best regards,
> Thao
> Limdep at mailman.sydney.edu.au

William Greene
Department of Economics, emeritus
Stern School of Business, New York University
44 West 4 St.
New York, NY, 10012
Email: wgreene at stern.nyu.edu
Ph. +1.646.596.3296
Editor in Chief: Journal of Productivity Analysis
<https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/oTI8CK1DvKT73zv0HvVCtF?domain=springer.com>
<https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/oTI8CK1DvKT73zv0HvVCtF?domain=springer.com>
Editor in Chief: Foundations and Trends in Econometrics
Associate Editor: Economics Letters
Associate Editor: Journal of Business and Economic Statistics