[Limdep Nlogit List] Error 668: Error: N not a multiple of T

Thao Thai Thao.T.Thai at monash.edu
Mon Sep 21 11:36:09 AEST 2020

Hi Nlogit user,

In my data set, each respondent answered 4 DCE questions with 3
alternatives and 3 DCE questions with 6 alternatives. To run the scaled MNL
model, I specified: ;pds=7 but I got the error message:

"Error    668: Error: N not a multiple of T. N=   23700. T=       7"

I understand N is the total lines in the data: 790 * (4*3 + 3*6) = 23700
which is obviously not a multiple of 7. However, each respondent does make
7 choices.

Could you please let me know how I should make it right? Thank you so much.

Best regards,
Thao