[Limdep Nlogit List] (no subject)

William Greene wgreene at stern.nyu.edu
Mon Dec 16 09:12:51 AEDT 2019

Gursimran.  You can expand the memory space used for data by using
Tools->Options->Projects.  Expand the number of cells, then exit and
restart the program.  Your model is overspecified.  You can't have constants
for every alternative.  At least one must be omitted.  It's not clear what
function
the ;IAS=CarP is playing in your model, but you probably don't want it in
there.  It is used to set up a Hausman test, but you should only use it for
the MNL.  Finally, I'm not certain your specification is rich enough to
support
a three level model like that.  You might try starting with something very
simple and building it up a bit at a time.
/Bill Greene

On Tue, Dec 10, 2019 at 1:43 AM Gursimran Kaur Saini via Limdep <
limdep at mailman.sydney.edu.au> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am trying to develop a mode choice model using a  nested Logit model
> using NLOGIT 6.
> I am running into the following errors:
> - I am unable to load my data file onto NLOGIT (with about 250,000
> observations), when I create another file with a part of the data, I was
> able to import it, but not the complete file.
> - Number of choices not equal to the number of alternatives”
>
> I’m not sure what I am doing wrong.
> Here’s the code I am using
>
> Nlogit
> ;Lhs=CHOICE
>
> ;Choices=CarD,CarP,Bus,Walk,Bike,MSM
> ;Tree=Trips{Private[Car(CarD,CarP),MSM],Public[Bus],NMT[Walk,Bike]}
> ;ias=Carp
> ;Show Tree
> ;start=logit
> ;Maxit=100
> ;Model:
> U(CarD) = a_CarD+tt*TT+vo*VOwn+emp*EMPD+Inc*Income+popn*PopD /
> U(CarP) = b_CarP+tt*TT+vo*VOwn+emp*EMPD+Inc*Income+popn*PopD /
> U(Bus) = c_Bus+tt*TT+vo*VOwn+emp*EMPD+Inc*Income+popn*PopD /
> U(Walk) = d_Walk+tt*TT+vo*VOwn+emp*EMPD+Inc*Income+popn*PopD /
> U(Bike) = e_Bike+tt*TT+vo*VOwn+emp*EMPD+Inc*Income+popn*PopD /
> U(MSM) = e_MSM+tt*TT+vo*VOwn+emp*EMPD+Inc*Income+popn*PopD $
>
> Please help me resolve.
> thank you,
> Gursimran
> Limdep at mailman.sydney.edu.au

William Greene
Department of Economics, emeritus
Stern School of Business, New York University
44 West 4 St.
New York, NY, 10012
Email: wgreene at stern.nyu.edu
Ph. +1.646.596.3296
Editor in Chief: Journal of Productivity Analysis
Editor in Chief: Foundations and Trends in Econometrics
Associate Editor: Economics Letters
Associate Editor: Journal of Business and Economic Statistics