[Limdep Nlogit List] Simulation Scenario

Muhammad Umair Khan m.umair.k104 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 11 15:02:41 AEDT 2019

Dear All,

I am a newbie and just started using DCE and NLOGIT. I have three
alternatives; Medication A, Medication B, No medication. One of my
attributes is side-effects (SE) (0= no SE, 1= Mild SE, 2= Moderate SE, 3=
severe SE). I am trying to create a simulation scenario by checking the
probability of taking medication if the severity of side-effects change
from 1 to 3. I am using the following command:

;simulate
;scenario:sidemi(*)=[+]2

I am assuming that by using [+]2 NLOGIT would assume that I want to go two
levels up from 1, that is, from 1 to 3 (mild to severe). Am I correct here?
If no, what should be the best way? Furthermore the output I am getting is,
for example, the probability of people taking medication would reduce by
10%. I am interesting in finding out if this 10% is statistically
significant? Any command through which we can get additional statistics
such as p-value?

Thank you!

Umair