[Limdep Nlogit List] Simulation Scenario

William Greene wgreene at stern.nyu.edu
Thu Dec 12 04:56:37 AEDT 2019

Umair.  Yes, it will change a 1 to 3.  It will also change a 2 to a 4.
Regards
Bill Greene

On Tue, Dec 10, 2019 at 11:03 PM Muhammad Umair Khan via Limdep <
limdep at mailman.sydney.edu.au> wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> I am a newbie and just started using DCE and NLOGIT. I have three
> alternatives; Medication A, Medication B, No medication. One of my
> attributes is side-effects (SE) (0= no SE, 1= Mild SE, 2= Moderate SE, 3=
> severe SE). I am trying to create a simulation scenario by checking the
> probability of taking medication if the severity of side-effects change
> from 1 to 3. I am using the following command:
>
> ;simulate
> ;scenario:sidemi(*)=[+]2
>
> I am assuming that by using [+]2 NLOGIT would assume that I want to go two
> levels up from 1, that is, from 1 to 3 (mild to severe). Am I correct here?
> If no, what should be the best way? Furthermore the output I am getting is,
> for example, the probability of people taking medication would reduce by
> 10%. I am interesting in finding out if this 10% is statistically
> significant? Any command through which we can get additional statistics
> such as p-value?
>
> Thank you!
>
> Umair
> Limdep at mailman.sydney.edu.au

William Greene
Department of Economics, emeritus
Stern School of Business, New York University
44 West 4 St.
New York, NY, 10012
Email: wgreene at stern.nyu.edu
Ph. +1.646.596.3296
Editor in Chief: Journal of Productivity Analysis
Editor in Chief: Foundations and Trends in Econometrics
Associate Editor: Economics Letters
Associate Editor: Journal of Business and Economic Statistics