[Limdep Nlogit List] Hausman Test Interpretation: Limdep Output

William Greene wgreene at stern.nyu.edu
Wed Feb 18 12:22:24 EST 2009

Nelson.

I suppose unclear is in the eye of the beholder.  The language of the
diagnostic is

High values of H favor FEM
or
(Low) values of H favor (REM)

both of which are correct.  I think your understanding is not correct,
since as the difference between the RE and FE estimators grows, the
evidence in favor of the FEM grows, not the opposite.  If the REM is
correct, the FE and RE estimators should be similar.

/Bill Greene