[Limdep Nlogit List] (no subject)

Craig Gallet cgallet at sbcglobal.net
Fri Feb 20 05:24:31 EST 2009

Hello,

I am trying to estimate a random effects truncated regression model with an unbalanced panel (the group sizes range from 1 to 200, with over 400 groups) but am unable to do so.  Specifically, I use commands akin to:

Truncation; Lhs = y; Rhs = one, x, z, w,...; str=scode; random effects; limit=0 $

Unfortunately, the only output I get are the non-panel truncated results, with no error messages.  Most of the independent variables are dummies.  Is there a reason for Limdep to not provide the random effects results, but also to not provide an error message (e.g., failure to converge)?  Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Craig