[Limdep Nlogit List] correcting standard errors for clustered survey data

William Greene wgreene at stern.nyu.edu
Fri Jun 23 01:21:35 EST 2006

Peter.
The 'cluster' correction is a different thing from the 'robust' estimator, I would argue.
The issue is methodological.  My point is the one that you make in your (1). About
the cluster estimator, while I am a little skeptical of it, I have observed in applications
that it seems to do what it is argued to be attempting to do.  So, I would agree with
your point 1.  On 2, you should be able to use ;CLUSTER = spec. where spec is either
a number indicating a fixed cluster size or a variable name that contains a group
identifier such as the cluster number.
/Bill Greene

Professor William Greene
Department of Economics