[ASA] ESO-SKA Conference: Extending Abstract Deadline

Deanne Fisher dfisher at swin.edu.au
Mon Jun 17 18:51:12 AEST 2024

Hello All,
I am writing to make you aware that we are extending the deadline for the ESO-SKA conference to 28-June.

Please submit an abstract here<https://url.au.m.mimecastprotect.com/s/zBRqCzvkyVC8N66Jni4lj54?domain=forms.gle>.

The meeting will take place Australia this coming 9-13 December. A meeting co-sponsored by SKA, ESO and Astro3D. Please feel free to share this with anyone you think would be interested.

The meeting is focusing on multiwavelength approaches to study galaxies, the baryon cycle and gas flows across a large range in redshift. Along with science talks we have secured overviews of upcoming ESO instruments, ELT as well as progress towards the SKA and status of the SKA pathfinders. We also will have info-sessions during lunch intended to familiarise attendees with optical and radio facilities. We hope to provide a venue for collaboration building for new projects, with the new instruments in the coming years.

Here is the conference website: https://url.au.m.mimecastprotect.com/s/Q1Q7CANpgjCrJ447Vi8xFy0?domain=eso-ska2024.org

The speakers include Michele Cirasoula, Sharmila Goedhart, Leon Koopmans, Sarah Pearce, Erwin de Blok, Michelle Cluver, Rebecca Davies, Steffi Walch, Jing Wang, Giovanni Cresci, Emma Ryan-Weber, Clancy James, Lister Staveley-Smith and others.

The meeting will take place at a beach front resort in Busselton, Western Australia. It is very near the world-famous Margaret River wine region. The Western Australia coast is quite nice in December, with typical temperatures of 25-30 C (77-86 F).  During the meeting you will likely see dolphins and other famous Australian wildlife, including an excursion of whale watching. We hope the meeting will be a memorable experience for everyone involved.

Again the abstract deadline is 28-June. We expect to announce the program in mid-July.

The meeting is co-organized by me and Richard McDermid.
The SOC includes: Naomi McLure-Griffiths, Lister Staveley-Smith, Elaine Sadler,  Martin Zwaan, Celine Peroux, Rob Ivison, Pascale Hibon, Barbara Catinella, Cathryn Trott, Emily Wisnioski

We will have more information on registration and travel details soon. We have some funds to support travel, which will be given out on a needs basis. If you need this, please let me know.

Cheers,
Deanne

A.Prof Deanne B. Fisher
ARC Future Fellow
Astro3D Centre of Excellence (CI) Project Lead
Centre for Astrophysics and Supercomputing
Swinburne University
Phone: +61 39214 4996
email: dfisher at swin.edu.au
web: deannefisher.com