[ASA] [ASA2024] Final reminder of early-bird registration + program release

Moss, Vanessa (S&A, Marsfield) Vanessa.Moss at csiro.au
Fri May 31 06:42:32 AEST 2024

Hi all,

This is a final reminder that early-bird registration pricing will end as of Friday 31st May 2024. Please ensure you register by this time to obtain early-bird fees (and pass this message on to those who may not be on this mailing list):

https://url.au.m.mimecastprotect.com/s/BIzuCBNqjlCPzKrpzCzF060?domain=icrar.org

A few more items to note are below:

Technology + access grants (apply by 17:00 AWST on 31st May 2024)
As previously circulated, we are offering grants to support attendance of ASA2024. These grants could include subsidies for VR headsets, technologies to attend online or caring support to assist various modes of attendance. We will consider all grants equally if submitted by the initial closing date, and then will allocate as feasible beyond this. Apply here: https://url.au.m.mimecastprotect.com/s/piOMCD1vlpTjDAzNDs57L8k?domain=forms.gle

Program release
We have released initial information about the scientific program for ASA2024. You can find a high-level schedule as well as detailed talk listings on our website. Please note that this schedule may change over time, so always refer to the website for the latest version. Many thanks to our SOC for their work and input into shaping the scientific program. See the program here: https://url.au.m.mimecastprotect.com/s/K12cCE8wmrt1kx2VkspcEAR?domain=icrar.org

Prizes during ASA2024
We are in the process of working with the SOC to finalise to plan for prizes to be awarded during the meeting. These will include prizes for the best student talks and best student sparklers, as well as other prizes to be announced. Stay tuned!

Access to ASA Slack
Those of you who are existing ASA members will likely already have access to the Slack, for others we will work with the ASA Communications Working Group to have you granted access as part of ASA2024 (or as more recent ASA members). We will do the first bulk import of people after the closure of early-bird registration, and then closer to the meeting. If you do not gain access by the end of next week, please get in touch with us.

Virtual exhibitor possibilities
We will soon be getting in contact with a selected list of potential exhibitors from the broader ASA community with information about virtual exhibition options. If you are generally interested in finding out more, please feel free to get in touch with us directly about this!

Thanks,
Vanessa and Clancy
On behalf of the NOC and SOC