[ASA] Call for expressions of interest to lead ARC LIEF proposals involving the Australia Telescope National Facility

Bock, Douglas (CASS, Marsfield) Douglas.Bock at csiro.au
Wed Oct 21 14:40:56 AEDT 2020

Dear ASA members,

Planning for the next round of ARC LIEF (Linkage Infrastructure, Equipment and Facilities) applications has begun, and, in order to ensure an appropriate balance between current commitments and possible new projects, CASS is seeking Expressions of Interest from the community to lead prospective LIEF proposals. Projects that have previously been discussed with the Australia Telescope User Committee (ATUC) include (i) an ASKAP fast transient detector, currently under consideration by the ARC, and (ii) an Ultra-Wide-Band Receiver for Parkes covering ~4 GHz to ~24 GHz (or higher), although suggestions for other projects are also welcomed. CASS is not able to lead LIEF projects, but is willing (within resource constraints) to partner with Universities on projects that will enhance the National Facility for all users.

Expressions of Interest, in the form of a one-page outline of the project and an indication of potential contributions from partner institutions, should be emailed to Nic.Svenson at csiro.au<mailto:Nic.Svenson at csiro.au> by Tuesday 10th November. EoIs will be considered by CASS, in consultation with ATUC, and by mid-November we will provide an initial assessment of which proposals CASS may be able to support. For further information please contact Tasso Tzioumis (Tasso.Tzioumis at csiro.au<mailto:Tasso.Tzioumis at csiro.au>).

Kind Regards,

Douglas Bock

Dr Douglas Bock FTSE
Director
Astronomy and Space Science   |  CSIRO

douglas.bock at csiro.au<mailto:douglas.bock at csiro.au>  |  +61 2 9372 4300  |  +61 457 552 777 (m)
Cnr Vimiera & Pembroke Roads, Marsfield NSW 2122
PO Box 76, Epping NSW 1710

CSIRO acknowledges the Traditional Owners of the land, sea and waters, of the area that we live and work on across Australia. We acknowledge their continuing connection to their culture and we pay our respects to their Elders past and present.

CSIRO Australia’s National Science Agency  |  csiro.au