[ASA] JWST Cycle 1: 1 to 1 help sessions

Themiya Nanayakkara wnanayakkara at swin.edu.au
Thu Oct 22 19:08:51 AEDT 2020

Dear ASA,

As a part of Karl Glazebrook's ARC Laureate Fellowship, we are establishing the James Webb Australian Data Centre (JADC). The primary goal of the centre would be to assist the Australian community to efficiently leverage JWST by providing workshops and developing JWST data analysis and manipulation tools to be available by the time when JWST obtains data.

As discussed during the JWST Master Class in Melbourne during March (feels like years ago!), we are advertising a few one hour zoom help sessions for the community to assist with technical details related to their proposals. Unlike HST, the JWST proposals need to include a fully developed ‘Phase 2’ observing plan, therefore, it was felt during the Master Class that such sessions will be beneficial to the proposers.

We will have three sessions: 30th October, 6th November and 13th November from 3pm to 4pm AEDT each day. So if you are planning to submit a proposal for cycle 1 and
-  you would like to obtain some 1 to 1 help
 and/or
- would like to receive the JWST Master Class material
please fill up this form and indicate your preferences: https://forms.gle/vCpquvNwwGujrNto6

JWST Cycle 1 call for proposals deadline [08:00 pm Eastern Time (ET) on Tuesday November 24, 2020] is slowly approaching, so if you haven't planned how JWST might be useful for your science, we encourage you to do so soon.

Please reach out to us if you have any questions.

Happy Long Weekend for all Victorians and THANK YOU!

Themiya Nanayakkara
on behalf of the JADC Team [Karl Glazebrook and Colin Jacobs].

Themiya Nanayakkara,
Laureate Postdoctoral Astronomer,
Centre for Astrophysics and Supercomputing,
Swinburne University of Technology,
PO Box 218,
Hawthorn,
Victoria 3122,