[ASA] Statement on the status of the SKA [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Australian SKA Office ska at industry.gov.au
Fri May 1 08:51:28 AEST 2020

Dear all

Professor Phil Diamond, SKA Director-General, this week released a statement on the status of the project. You can read the full statement here<https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/KR7ECyojxQTABRGmhZzndT?domain=skatelescope.org> (and attached).

In summary, work on the project is progressing well, and we're still planning for the establishment of the SKA Observatory (the body that will manage the telescopes) to occur later this year, with construction commencing as early as possible in 2021.

The Australian SKA Office is working closely with the SKA Organisation and other member countries to ensure the project remains on track as countries around the world emerge from the COVID-19 crisis.

I'll continue to keep you informed as further information arises.

Stay safe.

David Luchetti
Australian SKA Project Director
UNCLASSIFIED