[ASA] Applications now open for next Homeward Bound program!

Sarah Brough s.brough at unsw.edu.au
Tue Feb 25 13:44:32 AEDT 2020

Dear ASA Members,

Mita Brierley, Katrina Sealey, Tayyaba Zafar and myself have all taken part in an amazing opportunity - the Homeward Bound leadership program for Women in Science.

This program builds up over a year to the trip of a lifetime, learning strategy and leadership lessons alongside 75 + amazing women of different ages (honours students through to retirees), science backgrounds and geographical locations for 2-3 weeks onboard a ship traveling through Antarctica. And, you could do this too!

Applications are now open for the 6th program due April 6th. https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/l6HeCE8kz9t33qnMBhNtjUY?domain=homewardboundprojects.com.au<https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/RELsCGvmB5i118qGwF78RgU?domain=homewardboundprojects.com.au>

We can thoroughly recommend this experience!

I (SB) describe my own experience here (https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/HRwrCJyp0qhqqny5xIzyNed?domain=womeninscienceaust.org). Many questions since have revolved around funding. I was fortunate enough to be fully funded (program and travel costs) by the AAO. If you are interested in doing this I definitely recommend asking your organisation what support may be available for you.

Please feel free to ask any of us if you have questions prior to applying and share broadly with your networks,

Many Regards,
Mita Brierley, Sarah Brough, Katrina Sealey, Tayyaba Zafar