[ASA] ESO Users Committee's annual poll - deadline 1 April 2020

Caroline Foster caroline.foster at sydney.edu.au
Tue Feb 25 11:21:29 AEDT 2020

Dear Australian astronomers,

Please help me spread the word by forwarding this email to relevant colleagues and collaborators.

I am contacting you as your European Southern Observatory (ESO) Users Committee (UC) representative. The Users Committee (UC) represents ESO’s astronomical community forming a direct link between the users and ESO. The UC acts as an advisory body to the ESO Director General on matters related to the performance, scientific access, operation and user interfaces to the La Silla Paranal Observatory and ALMA. The UC welcomes opinions and suggestions from the community either through direct contact with the UC members (e.g. by replying to this email) or through the annual basis we ask users for feedback through our User Committee Poll<https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/BROACE8kz9t33YxLZSNsIfP?domain=eso.org>, which has just opened.

This year there is a special focus on Time Domain Astrophysics. The poll is open until 1 April 2020. It is an anonymous survey that is conducted independently of ESO by the UC, so your answers will only be seen by the UC members who will use them as input for the UC annual report and discussions during the annual meeting of the UC and ESO scheduled on 29+30 April 2020. During the UC meeting updates from ESO and feedback from the user community are exchanged and openly discussed. The meeting webpage<https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/cL3mCGvmB5i1164kzS70XRT?domain=eso.org> includes a record of the last meeting with recommendations that will be discussed in April.

As Australian ESO users, it is important that you fill the annual UC poll or contact me directly with comments so I can use your feedback to best represent you.

Clear skies!
Caroline
--
Dr Caroline Foster
ASTRO3D Fellow & ESO Users Committee Representative

360B, A28 | The University of Sydney | NSW |
+61 286 276 411  | +61 430 453 532
caroline.foster at sydney.edu.au<mailto:caroline.foster at sydney.edu.au>  | www.carofoster.com<https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/07w1CJyp0qhqqVwZjUza45w?domain=carofoster.com>

Usual office days: Monday and Friday (@USyd), Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday (until 2:30pm)

INSPIRED – the Campaign to support the University of Sydney
sydney.edu.au/inspired<https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/LbNbCK1qJZt226WORHA87_A?domain=sydney.edu.au>

CRICOS 00026A
This email plus any attachments to it are confidential. Any unauthorised use is strictly prohibited.
If you receive this email in error, please delete it and any attachments.

Please think of our environment and only print this email if necessary.