[ASA] Registration and abstract submission for AusSRC Workshop 2019

Heald, George (CASS, Kensington WA) George.Heald at csiro.au
Mon Sep 9 22:20:24 AEST 2019

AusSRC Workshop 2019

On behalf of the organising committee, it is my pleasure to invite you to register for the Australian SKA Regional Centre (AusSRC) Workshop 2019, which will take place on 8 November in Canberra at Mt Stromlo Observatory<https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/7TgGCyoNVrc1ONZvhZHU6D?domain=rsaa.anu.edu.au>. Please, follow the links on the workshop webpage<https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/JQRHCzvOWKi1WR6lhX5cXv?domain=aussrc.org> to register and submit an abstract.

Survey
In preparation for the workshop, we would like to conduct a radio astronomy data user survey<https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/COnTCANZvPiQp94ys9z1Ku?domain=uwa.qualtrics.com>. Your input will help us to have a targeted discussion around the issues that are important to you. We’d like to encourage you to take the survey<https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/COnTCANZvPiQp94ys9z1Ku?domain=uwa.qualtrics.com>.

Key dates

  *   29 September: Abstract deadline
  *   21 October: Program released
  *   8 November: AusSRC workshop

Venue
Where: Canberra, ACT
Venue: Mt Stromlo Observatory<https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/7TgGCyoNVrc1ONZvhZHU6D?domain=rsaa.anu.edu.au>

Motivation
Since the first Australian SRC Community workshop<https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/jCweCBNZwLiGWVjQsjJmnu?domain=eridanus.net.au> in 2017, work on the SKA Regional Centres has picked up its pace:

  *   The SKA Regional Centre Steering Committee<https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/MugQCD1jy9t9YBq2ulKnjx?domain=indico.skatelescope.org> was formed;
  *   AENEAS published the outputs of the ESRC design study<https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/0iFfCE8kz9t74WLrcQB2kW?domain=aeneas2020.eu>; and
  *   The Australian SRC White Paper<https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/yIAsCGvmB5i73Jkxc1neim?domain=aussrc.org> was released.

This workshop will discuss the progress towards developing a vision for a global network of SRCs and the future Australian SRC. A specific focus of the workshop will be on data and processing in the surveys with the Australian SKA precursors — ASKAP and MWA.

In 2018, CSIRO and ICRAR in collaboration with other institutions established the AusSRC Management Committee. With support from the Australian Government, a 3-year design study program was then funded to develop a business case for the AusSRC as well as to assist the ASKAP and MWA science teams with computing and data expertise.

The workshop will follow the OzSKA meeting<https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/cOj_CJyp0qhJ98ZGUy1sc5?domain=atnf.csiro.au>, and we encourage participation of both events.

On behalf of the workshop organising committee,
George Heald

George Heald

CSIRO Science Leader

CASS/Perth ATNF Science Team Leader

W https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/jrOUCK1qJZto7qOgc2_ggX?domain=people.csiro.au

E george.heald at csiro.au T +61 8 6436 8758

26 Dick Perry Avenue, Kensington WA 6151, Australia