[ASA] Expanding the Science of TESS

John O'Byrne john.obyrne at sydney.edu.au
Wed Sep 11 09:02:49 AEST 2019

We are happy to announce a third meeting in the TESS.Ninja series, "Expanding the Science of TESS" to be held 10-14 February, 2020 on the campus of The University of Sydney. This workshop, building on previous workshops at the Flatiron Institute and University of Chicago, is intended to provide opportunities to build new collaborations, minimize duplication of effort, and facilitate the development of open-source tools for working with TESS data.

This is not a traditional scientific conference and there will not be any formal talks. Instead, the time will be spent in informal discussions and co-working, with the goal of having tangible results by the end of the week. We welcome people interested in all potential uses of TESS data. This project is designed to help build and support the broader TESS community, and we welcome applications from people both inside and outside the TESS project with broad scientific interests.

There is more information about the meeting on the website at https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/HA8NCyoNVrc1q5QYsZYXXt?domain=tess.ninja<https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/YHCKCzvOWKi1QoyKsXDg27?domain=tess.ninja>.

We can comfortably accommodate 40 participants. If you are interested in attending, please apply using the link on the website before 20 October, 2019; invitations will be sent out shortly thereafter. Please feel free to contact the SOC Chair if you have any questions.

We hope to see you in Sydney!

SOC Chair: Simon J. Murphy (Univ. of Sydney) simon.murphy at sydney.edu.au<mailto:simon.murphy at sydney.edu.au>

—————————————————————————
"The standard you walk past is the standard you accept”
—————————————————————————

ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR JOHN O’BYRNE
Associate Dean (Student Life), Faculty of Science
Secretary, Astronomical Society of Australia Inc.

Sydney Institute for Astronomy
School of Physics | Faculty of Science

THE UNIVERSITY OF SYDNEY
Rm 205, Physics Building A28
Postal address: School of Physics | The University of Sydney | NSW | Australia | 2006
T +61 2 9351 3184  | F +61 2 9351 7726
E john.obyrne at sydney.edu.au<mailto:john.obyrne at sydney.edu.au>  | W  http://sydney.edu.au/science/people/john.obyrne

CRICOS 00026A
This email plus any attachments to it are confidential. Any unauthorised use is strictly prohibited.
If you receive this email in error, please delete it and any attachments.