[ASA] Gravitational Wave Postdoc and PhD at the University of Auckland

John O'Byrne john.obyrne at sydney.edu.au
Fri Dec 21 10:08:03 AEDT 2018

Dear all,

I am please to announce that we are advertising for a post-doc and we have the plan to award a PhD scholarship for people to come and work with me at the University of Auckland to study the host galaxies of gravitational wave events.

For the post-doc details and application process here: https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/zrajCNLwM9ipPPLBTmoW_z?domain=academicjobsonline.org<https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/zrajCNLwM9ipPPLBTmoW_z?domain=academicjobsonline.org>

For the PhD scholarship we have the intension to award it once the administration of setting it up complete which should be within a few months. The project will involve combining BPASS with results of galaxy formation and evolution from various cosmological simulations. Interested students are encouraged to contact me at j.eldridge at auckland.ac.nz<mailto:j.eldridge at auckland.ac.nz> to register interest so I can contact you once applications are open.

Both projects are novel project and we know applicants aren't going to know everything required to do the job so even if you think you're interested and have some of the skills in computing, astrophysics or statistics then *APPLY*.

Also it's a fantastic team of myself, Elizabeth Stanway and Anna McLeod and we're going to be doing exciting science!

Thanks,

JJ.

________________________________
Dr J.J. Eldridge  (Please note I prefer she/her/them/they pronouns and to be called JJ)
Senior Lecturer in Astrophysics
Department of Physics
Faculty of Science
The University of Auckland