[ASA] IDEA Chapter activities at ASA ASM

Sarah Brough s.brough at unsw.edu.au
Mon Jul 3 14:33:00 AEST 2017

Dear ASA Members,

For those attending the ASA meeting, just a reminder that our Inclusion
and Diversity In Astronomy (IDEA) Chapter lunch is on Tuesday 11th July
at 1.15pm in the Molonglo Theatre.

At the lunch we will be presenting the Pleiades Award winners with their
certificates and hearing from the Gold award winner on their winning
ideas. We will also take the opportunity to introduce our new committee
members as well as present changes we have made to the Pleiades Award
selection criteria for the next round to be held in 2018.

We are also organising The Rainbow Astronomy social dinner (for those
who identify as LGBTI+, allies are also welcome). We will meet in the
foyer at 7pm Tuesday 11th July and walk to The Roti House (Ernst & Young
Building, 4/121 Marcus Clarke St, Canberra) where we will share a
banquet dinner for $29 per head (to be paid in cash at the venue).
Please sign-up at ASA reception for this dinner.

We are looking forward to seeing you all there.

Cheers,
Sarah
On behalf of the IDEA Chapter Steering Committee

--
A/Prof Sarah Brough