[Limdep Nlogit List] problem matrix singular in latent class model

Elias José Gordillo Chávez elias.gordillo at yahoo.com.mx
Wed Sep 7 16:12:29 AEST 2022

Dear Greene,
I ran three types of models (RPL, LC, and LCRPL), for LCRPL, I was reading the different articles, but none of them say what criteria they use to define which parameter should be a random parameter. This is a doubt that I have in LCRPL. I specify my LCRPL model from de results of mixed logit. In this model, I check the standard deviation, and I sow which parameters are significant, and I used this parameter as RPL in my model LCRPL, but I am not sure if this is correct. Another option than I read, is use The  Lagrange  Multiplier  tests  proposed  in  McFadden  and  Train  (2000).

In the last email, I ask you if LC is better than RP or RP is better than LC, And you ask me about the fit measure.

Fit measure of RPL, LC LCRPL

Model
Log likelihood
McFadden R2
AIC
Random Parameter
Observation
RPL or Mixed logit
-545.31416
.19
1.85

Parameter with Standard Deviation p<0.05= LAND75, LAND25, SILVO, JAG0

LC
-484.69
0.28
1.75

Seven parameters were significant. However, the significance; and signal were the same in the four classes, except for two parameters that have different signal.
LCRPL
-490.08
0.27
1.88
All parameter
None of parameter were significant
LCRPL
-561.98
0.16
1.96
land75, Silvo, JAG0
Only two parameters were significant in one class.
LCRPL
-494.60
0.26
1.81
Silvo, JAG0
Only one parameters was significant in one class.

Thank you
Rergards
Elias

Enviado desde Correo para Windows