[Limdep Nlogit List] [NLOGIT6] Error in estimating marginal effects for Latent class choice model

Ishant Sharma reachishantsharma at gmail.com
Tue Sep 6 05:22:00 AEST 2022

Dear Dr. Greene,

I apologize for the repetitive request(s). I am using NLOGIT6 to estimate a
latent class choice model with an ordered logit kernel. The model runs
successfully, except it gives an error for estimating marginal effects:

"RP cannot compute ME for ORDERED when J > 9.."

*From the error, it seems that NLOGIT6 does not support calculating
marginal effects for this model specification. Please assist me with a
possible workaround for this issue. *

The model specifications include two classes and an ordinal
dependent variable with three outcome levels. Here is the script:

CREATE ; LC1, LC2 $

ORDERED; Lhs = EV_BUY

; Rhs = one, AGE2, AGE3, AGE4, GENDER,TIER1 ,EV_FAMIL, PTPV_CHE,
RS2,CDIST,CTIME,PTDIST, CP2, CAROWNER, EMP1, PT_FAMIL,TW, CAB, PT, AUTO

; Model = logit; maxit=100; Partial Effects

; LCM = ONE,PROEV1,GC1,FEP1; Pts = 2; classp = LC1, LC2$

--
Thanks,
Ishant