[SydPhil] "At Risk in the Climate Crisis" podcast release

Daniele Fulvi D.Fulvi at westernsydney.edu.au
Wed Dec 1 18:00:16 AEDT 2021

Dear List Members,

It is my pleasure to announce the release of the podcast series “At Risk in the Climate Crisis”, led by Dr. Josh Wodak and Dr. Jessica Weir – Institute for Culture and Society, Western Sydney University, Australia.

‘At Risk in the Climate Crisis’ is both a Podcast Series and Symposium (scheduled for February 2022) addressing the profound differences in knowledge practices around the unfolding climate crisis. Leading thinkers from around the world talk about living on the brink of the climate crisis. How are we learning to live with loss and yet keep caring? How can we ditch denialism? What potentials and pitfalls arise from seeking action through technoscientific interventions? Why is Indigenous leadership important? We are all in this together, so come with us to gain a greater understanding about how thought leadership empowers material action.

Amongst 17 distinguished guests you'll hear from: Tony Birch, Nigel Clark, Michael Gillings, Lesley Head, Natasha Fjin, Cameron Muir, Ron Reed and Carolyn Smith. Former ABC radio host and environmental communicator, Gretchen Miller, invites a deep and personal dive into the impact of the climate crisis on our psyches, as we feel our way forward in uncertain and turbulent times.

Please visit this page<https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/kjsUCzvkyVCMqBqxxs4LGT6?domain=westernsydney.edu.au> for further details and information about the podcast and the symposium. Alternatively, if you have any question you can email Daniele Fulvi at D.Fulvi at Westernsydney.edu.au<mailto:D.Fulvi at Westernsydney.edu.au>

Podcast series available on Omny<https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/oV7TCANpgjCNOoOnnf81-jf?domain=omny.fm>, Spotify<https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/1dUoCBNqjlC7KmKMMFNSC6S?domain=open.spotify.com>, Apple Podcasts<https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/8Vj3CD1vlpT5AmAnnuZYeII?domain=podcasts.apple.com>, Google Podcasts<https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/23A4CE8wmrt3xGxgghZpbas?domain=podcasts.google.com>, Audacy<https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/Za9OCGv0oyC14l400h0TuRA?domain=audacy.com> and all other streaming platforms.

Kind regards,

Daniele Fulvi

I acknowledge that the land on which I live and work is stolen land. That the Gadigal People of the Eora Nation and the Darug People of the Darug Nation have never ceded their sovereignty on these lands, and that treaties are yet to be negotiated.
I additionally acknowledge the Gadigal People's and the Darug People's living culture, knowledge and struggle in this region.

I pledge my ongoing solidarity with the traditional owners, and all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders peoples, in their struggle for recognition of sovereignty, historical truths and justice.