[SydPhil] Jean-Luc Nancy book group in the new year

James Phillips j.phillips at unsw.edu.au
Wed Dec 2 10:57:06 AEDT 2020

Dear all
If anyone is interested in taking part in an on-line book group on Jean-Luc Nancy’s The Ground of the Image (Fordham University Press, 2005), please write to me to arrange registration at: j.phillips at unsw.edu.au<mailto:j.phillips at unsw.edu.au>
Here is a link to a description of the book:
https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/uPenCk81N9tR8gw6U2tf3B?domain=amazon.com
The book is a wide-ranging and demanding collection of essays, and we plan to take our time to give it its due.
Current members of the group have backgrounds in philosophy, art theory and architecture, and we would welcome hearing other people’s take on the nature of the image, the tradition of aesthetics, iconoclasm, etc.
We will be meeting on Microsoft Teams for an hour at 4 pm on the first Tuesday of the month.
On 5 January we will be discussing the chapter “Uncanny Landscape”.
Please get in touch if you would like more information.

Regards

James Phillips
Associate Professor in Philosophy
School of Humanities and Languages
UNSW AUSTRALIA
UNSW SYDNEY NSW 2052 AUSTRALIA
Phone: +61 (2) 9385 2987

[signature_1034232303]<https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/DlHSClx1Nji30LM5F9j5tr?domain=unsw.edu.au>

I acknowledge the Bedegal (Kensington campus), Gadigal (City and Art & Design campuses) and Ngunnawal people (Australian Defence Force Academy in Canberra) who are the traditional custodians of the land on which each UNSW campus is located.  I acknowledge sovereignty was never ceded.