[SydPhil] Postdoctoral Research Associate in Philosophy
moira.gatens at sydney.edu.au
Wed Nov 25 15:14:21 AEDT 2015
POSTDOCTORAL RESEARCH ASSOCIATE IN PHILOSOPHY
Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences
School of Philosophical and Historical Inquiry
Reference no: 2362/1115
* Utilise your expertise in ethical and political philosophies concerned with the imagination (as well as reason), embodiment, and difference in ethical and political life
* Develop your academic career alongside supportive colleagues
* Full-time, fixed term for three years: $79K - $109Ka. which includes leave loading and up to 17% super
The University of Sydney invites applications from qualified individuals for a Postdoctoral Research Associate in the area of philosophies of imagination, embodiment, and difference. The successful applicant will work with Professor Moira Gatens and will maintain their own high-quality research project while contributing to collaborative research, also assisting with the organisation of research seminars, workshops, and conferences.
To succeed in this role, you will have:
* a PhD in Philosophy (awarded by time of commencement of appointment)
* research expertise in social and political philosophy and ethics (with particular emphasis on the role of the imagination, embodiment, and difference)
* an outstanding capacity for research and writing.
Desirable for appointment is your:
* administrative experience, particularly in organising workshops and/or seminars
* ability to work cooperatively with others in a team environment
* publication record in social, ethical, or political philosophy.
Closing Date: 11:30PM 21st December 2015
The preferred starting date is 29 February 2016 (negotiable).
Enquiries may be directed to:
moira.gatens at sydney.edu.au<mailto:moira.gatens at sydney.edu.au>
Details of the position, including how to apply, may be found here
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the SydPhil