[SydPhil] FW: PhiloAgora this Tuesday Dec 4

Peter Bowden peter_bowden at usyd.edu.au
Mon Dec 3 15:21:53 AEDT 2012

Our talk tomorrow will be Tibor Molnar ‘s “ On ‘Knowledge”

- about what it is, and in particular why Plato's definition of it as
"justified true belief" is completely confused.

Tibor Molnar studied Chemical Engineering at UNSW, and then pursued a career
in IT. Today he studies philosophy of science, quantum mechanics and
cognitive neuroscience, and teaches at Sydney University and the WEA

Philo Agora has lost its regular café venue
. This talk will be held just
along from its former café , at the Gladstone Hotel , corner of Marrickville
Road and New Canterbury Road .   On the second floor. Talk is at 7.30 pm.
Finish at  9.. We are looking for a new venue,, Closer to the city

Philo Agora  (Sam, Hazel and Peter)