[Limdep Nlogit List] Question on MVPROBIT Command

William Greene wgreene at stern.nyu.edu
Sat May 8 09:26:38 AEST 2021

Jason.  mu5 = 1 and mu2 = mu4 do not accomplish what you are trying to do.
These
constraints will force certain probabilities to equal zero or be negative.
I can't tell what
you are restricting, but in order for the model to be kosher, you must have
-inf < 0 <  mu1 < mu2 < mu3 <mu4 < mu 5 < +inf. If mu5 = 1 but mu4 > 1,
then your
model produces zero probabilities.  Likewise, forcing mu2 = mu4 will make a
mess of
things. You can't have mu2 = mu4 and have mu3 < mu4 and mu3 > mu2.
Regards,
Bill Greene

--
William Greene
Department of Economics, emeritus
Email: wgreene at stern.nyu.edu
Editor in Chief: Journal of Productivity Analysis
<https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/86XdCXLW2mUXqxzVMHDwQBT?domain=springer.com>
<https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/86XdCXLW2mUXqxzVMHDwQBT?domain=springer.com>
Editor in Chief: Foundations and Trends in Econometrics
Associate Editor: Economics Letters
Associate Editor: Journal of Business and Economic Statistics