[Limdep Nlogit List] Question on MVPROBIT Command

Jason Bergtold bergtold at ksu.edu
Sat May 8 08:32:32 AEST 2021

Dear Group:

I am trying to run a Random Valuations Model following Wang and in Alberni et al (2003) (Analysis of contingent valuation data with multiple bids and response options allowing respondents to express uncertainty." I have a ordered response variable with 7 ordered categories from definitely no to definitely yes. I am modeling this using an ordered Probit model. The base model would estimate 7 threshold values with the first and last being set to -inf and inf, respectively. The middle 5 threshold values for the model, call them mu1 < mu2 < mu 3 <mu4 < mu 5. I want to set two restrictions on the model that mu 1 - mu5 = 0 and mu2 - mu 4 = 0, to make the estimation of the threshold parameters "symmetric". I am wondering how to impose this restriction using the Ordered command.

Regards,

Jason
Limdep at mailman.sydney.edu.au
https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/oRmNCZY1Nqi5D3BAJfzh0Pc?domain=limdep.itls.usyd.edu.au