[Limdep Nlogit List] simulation command in NLOGIT

William Greene wgreene at stern.nyu.edu
Sun Jan 17 05:48:04 AEDT 2021

The market shares are computed by summing the predicted probabilities
and dividing the sums by the number of choice tasks used to compute the
sums.  For an RPL model, the probabilities are computed using the
simulation on which the model is based.  It would probably be much too
complicated to replicate this with CREATE. That is why the ;Simulate option
is provided.
/B. Greene

--
William Greene
Department of Economics, emeritus
Email: wgreene at stern.nyu.edu
Editor in Chief: Journal of Productivity Analysis
<https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/C1GTCMwGxOtAZ003IJLMp0?domain=springer.com>
<https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/C1GTCMwGxOtAZ003IJLMp0?domain=springer.com>
Editor in Chief: Foundations and Trends in Econometrics
Associate Editor: Economics Letters
Associate Editor: Journal of Business and Economic Statistics