[Limdep Nlogit List] NLOGIT6 mixed logit Halton draws

Bart Immerzeel bart.immerzeel at nmbu.no
Wed Sep 4 21:33:02 AEST 2019

Hello,

I am running a mixed logit model in NLOGIT6 on some DCE data.
It uses random parameters for the attributes in the DCE, and I am using Halton draws.
However, the higher the number of Halton draws I use, the lower the McFadden pseudo R2, and the less statistically significant coefficients I get. I have no idea why that is. Does anyone know what might cause this issue?

Here is the model spec:

? MXL with continuous attributes

Sample; All $
Create; Tax2=Tax/1000$
Create; Tax3=Tax2*-1$
Reject ;choice=-999$
?Reject ;Protest=1$

NLOGIT
      ;Lhs=choice
      ;Choices=1,2,3
      ;Rhs=
BAU,
ShareF,
Inten1v,
Inten3e,
Water2m,
Water3c,
Nature,
Flood,
Employ,
Tax3
      ;Pds=Panel2
      ;RPL
      ;Halton ? type of draws
      ;pts=1000 ? number of draws
      ;Fcn=
BAU(n),
ShareF(n),
Inten1v(n),
Inten3e(n),
Water2m(n),
Water3c(n),
Nature(n),
Flood(n),
Employ(n),
Tax3(l)
      ;correlated
      ?;WTP= ShareF/Tax3,Inten1v/Tax3,Inten3e/Tax3,Water2m/Tax3,Water3c/Tax3,Nature/Tax3
      ;Parameters
      ;maxit=200
      ;tlf=0.00000000001

$