[Limdep Nlogit List] Error 1097: Unusable LHS variable in choice model setup

William Greene wgreene at stern.nyu.edu
Mon Dec 16 08:57:33 AEDT 2019

Jason.  The variable CHOICEV in your data set is not coded correctly for
the choice
model.  It is supposed to be zeros and ones, throughout.  It is unclear
what you are
using, but the error 14 indicates that every observation is badly coded.
/Bill Greene

On Tue, Dec 10, 2019 at 12:41 AM Jason Ong via Limdep <
limdep at mailman.sydney.edu.au> wrote:

> I am doing a preliminary analysis on a DCE and am trying to run a MNL model
> using NLOGIT 6
> But I came across this error - "Error   1097: Unusable LHS variable in
> choice model setup"
> I am not sure what I am doing wrong with my code (data set also attached as
> *.csv file)
>
> NLOGIT
> ; Lhs = ChoiceV, cset, altij
> ; Choices = A,B,C
> ; Model:
>
> U(A,B)=prep1*prep1+prep2*prep2+condom*condom+sex1*sex1+sex2*sex2+test1*test1+test2*test2+pep*pep/
> U(C)=neither
> $
>
> thanks for your help.
>
> *Jason Ong*
> Limdep at mailman.sydney.edu.au

William Greene
Department of Economics, emeritus
Stern School of Business, New York University
44 West 4 St.
New York, NY, 10012
Email: wgreene at stern.nyu.edu
Ph. +1.646.596.3296
Editor in Chief: Journal of Productivity Analysis
Editor in Chief: Foundations and Trends in Econometrics
Associate Editor: Economics Letters
Associate Editor: Journal of Business and Economic Statistics