[Limdep Nlogit List] LCRPLOGIT with log-normal distribution

Petrolia, Daniel d.petrolia at msstate.edu
Tue Apr 9 00:03:05 AEST 2019

Hi, my understanding is that log-normal distribution is not available for random parameter specifications in the LATENT CLASS RANDOM PARAMETER LOGIT (LCRPLOGIT) model of NLOGIT 6 (page N-638 of the NLOGIT 6 manual).

I was interesting in applying the non-negative price coefficient constraint recommended in Carson and Czajkowski (JEEM 2019, https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/SdnTCANZvPiLyDQxIGcW2R?domain=doi.org), but I don't think this is feasible, at least using NLOGIT, because it requires that the price coefficient be specified as log-normally distributed, which is available for RPLOGIT but not LCRPLOGIT.

Is this correct?

Thanks,
Dan