[Limdep Nlogit List] WTp estimation

William Greene wgreene at stern.nyu.edu
Sun Jul 22 07:35:07 AEST 2018

Medard.  WTP for all variants of the RP logit model is described in
Chapter N29.  That would be good for the S-MNL and GMXL.  I'm
not sure what the G-MNL model is.  WTP is generally a ratio of
coefficients, though in RP models, the WTP is computed for each
individual.  P values for LR statistics are generally not computed.
I'm not sure what the P-value at 5% is.  You can use CALC to look
up critical values for chi-squared if you wish.  The function
CTB(prob,df) returns the critical value for probability prob with
degrees of freedom df.
Regards
/Bill Greene

On Fri, Jul 20, 2018 at 5:22 AM, medard kakuru via Limdep <
limdep at mailman.sydney.edu.au> wrote:

> Dear All,
> Kindly help me with the syntax for wtp in preference space. I am running
> S-MNL, G-MNL and the GMXL models and want to compare WTP estimates for the
> three models. I also want to compare these estimates with those obtained
> from wtp-space model estimations. I understand that for a simple MXL model,
> the syntax for wtp is just a ratio of attribute and cost coefficients. Is
> it the case with the models I am estimating? I expected to find the syntax
> in the Nlogit manual (section N33) but it's not listed.
>

> Secondly, I have seen the syntax for carrying out a loglikelihood ratio
> test and the syntax gives the LR statistic. How do i go further to get a
> p-value (say at 5%) for the statistic?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Regards, Medard
> Limdep at mailman.sydney.edu.au

William Greene
Department of Economics
Stern School of Business, New York University
44 West 4 St., 7-90
New York, NY, 10012
Email: wgreene at stern.nyu.edu
Ph. +1.212.998.0876
Editor in Chief: Journal of Productivity Analysis
Editor in Chief: Foundations and Trends in Econometrics
Associate Editor: Economics Letters
Associate Editor: Journal of Business and Economic Statistics
Associate Editor: Journal of Choice Modeling