[Limdep Nlogit List] TRE AND GTRE with Mundlak adjustment

Maria Papadimitriou mariapapadim at windowslive.com
Thu May 18 18:28:37 AEST 2017

Dear Professor,

I am trying to run TRE and GTRE models with Mundlak adjustment. So  I am using the commands below

CREATE; PGAGG_M = Group Mean (LPGS,Str=ID) $
CREATE; UGMED_M = Group Mean (LUGMED,Str=ID) $
CREATE; UGSC_M  = Group Mean (LUGSCIE,Str=ID) $
CREATE; UGART_M = Group Mean (LUGSART,Str=ID) $
CREATE; RESR_M  = Group Mean (LRESEAR,Str=ID) $
NAMELIST;Mundlak=one,PGAGG_M,UGMED_M,UGSC_M,UGART_M,RESR_M,LPGS,LUGMED,LUGSCIE,LUGSART,LRESEAR,OXBRIDGE,LONDON,TIME$

TRE
FRONTIER ;Cost; LHS =Inputs ; RHS=Mundlak $
FRONTIER ;Cost; LHS =Inputs ; RHS=Mundlak ; Panel; RPM ; FCN = One(N);HALTON ;PTS = 5000;COSTEFF = UITREM $

GTRE
FRONTIER ;Cost; LHS =Inputs ; RHS=Mundlak $
FRONTIER;COST;Lhs=Inputs;Rhs=Mundlak;Panel;CSN;Halton;Pts=5000;OUTPUT=3;Keep$

My question regards the time invariant- dummy variables (TIME,OXBRIDGE,LONDON)

Should I compute only  the panel-level average of the time-varying covariates? And then incorporate the dummies? So my main concern is whether I have properly constructed the mundlak specification or not.

Thank you in advance!

Best wishes,

Maria

Ms Maria Papadimitriou
Graduate Teaching Assistant in Economics
PhD Candidate in Economics
Lancaster University Charles Carter Building, floor D, Lancaster United Kingdom | T: +44 (0)7597745806  | Web page: http://www.lancs.ac.uk/lums/people/<https://exchange.lancs.ac.uk/owa/redir.aspx?SURL=rNns9rRPhKhGFJ3ci70LPo4SUv2g3rWRZD8AwL40sMtm9Y6ZTv3RCGgAdAB0AHAAOgAvAC8AdwB3AHcALgBsAHUAbQBzAC4AbABhAG4AYwBzAC4AYQBjAC4AdQBrAC8AZQBjAG8AbgBvAG0AaQBjAHMALwBwAHIAbwBmAGkAbABlAHMALwBqAGkAbABsAC0AagBvAGgAbgBlAHMALwA.&URL=http://www.lums.lancs.ac.uk/economics/profiles/jill-johnes/>all/maria-papadimitriou/| E-mail address m.papadimitriou at lancaster.ac.uk
Call
Send SMS
Add to Skype
You'll need Skype CreditFree via Skype