[Limdep Nlogit List] SEs around market shares

Vera Vennedey vera.vennedey at uk-koeln.de
Wed May 4 22:53:55 AEST 2016

Dear all,

Below you see an extract from an output of a discrete choice analysis. For the variables CO300 and CO100 I (dummy coded cost variables) I get no confidence intervals   (only ****). As the standard error is very large for these Variables (.5932D+07) I assume it means that the confidence intervals are infinite, is this true?

I would very much appreciate  your comments on this.

Greetings,
Vera Vennedey

        |                  Standard            Prob.      95% Confidence
  CHOICE|  Coefficient       Error       z    |z|>Z*         Interval
--------+--------------------------------------------------------------------
        |Random parameters in utility functions
  TOOTH1|   -1.74063***      .17235   -10.10  .0000    -2.07843  -1.40283
  TOOTH2|   -4.65532***      .35318   -13.18  .0000    -5.34754  -3.96310
   CO500|    -.28489*        .16493    -1.73  .0841     -.60815    .03837
   CO300|    -.08466      .5932D+07      .00 1.0000 ***********  ***********
   CO100|     .08466      .5932D+07      .00 1.0000 ***********  ***********

Institut für Gesundheitsökonomie und Klinische Epidemiologie (IGKE) Klinikum der Universität zu Köln (AöR)
Cologne Institute for Health Economics and Clinical Epidemiology, The University Hospital of Cologne (AöR)

Gleueler Strasse 176 - 178 / II
D - 50935 Köln/ Cologne

Email:  vera.vennedey at uk-koeln.de
Tel.:     +49 (0) 221 4679-133