[Limdep Nlogit List] new message to post!

Trent Spears trentspears at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 22 21:13:03 EST 2010

G'day,

I have been investigating and estimating various conditional logit models for choice behavior (with a variable number of choice set sizes for each individual).  Note that the utility function of this particular discrete choice model depends on attributes of the choice only.

I was wondering if it was possible, and if so how, to change the assumed distribution of the error terms from the type 1 extreme value distribution to something such as the standard normal.  In other words, I want to explore how the use of a probit (or even complementary log-log) link function instead of the logit link changes the models I am estimating.

Despite my best efforts, I have not been able to find a suitable way to solve this problem myself.  I hope you can help!

Cheers

Trent