[Limdep Nlogit List] Generalized Mixed Logit Model

Prof David Hensher hgroup at optusnet.com.au
Sun Nov 14 09:37:45 EST 2010

The 2011 course has now been released
See http://sydney.edu.au/business/itls/courses/choice_analysis

David Hensher

At 09:31 AM 14/11/2010, you wrote:
>Dear Professor Greene,
>Fist let me start by thanking you for a wonderful product.  I am a
>relatively new user of Nlogit 4.0 and have been spending some time
>with the properties and commands associated with the various
>discrete choice models capable of being estimated with this software.
>I do have one question related to Nlogit 4.0 as it pertains to my
>dissertation research.  I've recently read a few articles in the
>literature I am sure you are familiar with, (Fiebig et al., 2009)
>and (Greene & Hensher, 2010), presenting the merits of using a
>generalized mixed logit model to account for individual level scale
>heterogeneity in addition to taste heterogeneity.  On your web-site
>I also saw, under the course in Discrete Choice Modeling, a
>PowerPoint presentation in the class notes section entitled Part 14
>Mixed Logit Models where you present the generalized mixed logit
>model.   It appears using a generalized mixed logit model may be
>beneficial for me to use in my research as it relates to a discrete
>choice experiment involving a relatively complex/unfamiliar series
>of medical decision making choice tasks.
>Could you tell me if Nlogit 4.0 is capable of estimating a
>generalized mixed logit model like the one you estimated in (Greene
>& Hensher, 2010)?  I noticed the models in (Greene & Hensher, 2010)
>were estimate using a pre-release version of Nlogit 5.0.
>Thanks,
>Jim
>Limdep site list
>Limdep at limdep.itls.usyd.edu.au
>http://limdep.itls.usyd.edu.au

DAVID HENSHER PhD FASSA| Director and Professor of Management
Institute of Transport and Logistics Studies| Faculty of Economics
and Business
THE UNIVERSITY OF SYDNEY
Burren St Campus | The University of Sydney | NSW | 2006

T +61 2 9351 0071  | F +61 2 9351 0088
E <mailto:david.hensher at sydney.edu.au>david.hensher at sydney.edu.au  |
W http://sydney.edu.au/business/itls/
The Institute of Transport and Logistics Studies (ITLS) is part of
the Australian Key Centre in Transport Management,
a joint venture between the University of Sydney and Monash University

CRICOS 00026A
This email plus any attachments to it are confidential. Any
unauthorised use is strictly prohibited. If you receive this email in
error, please delete it and any attachments.

Please think of our environment and only print this e-mail if
necessary.