[Limdep Nlogit List] Zero Inflated Poisson and Panel Data

Enrico Bertacchini enrico.bertacchini at unito.it
Wed May 5 09:44:07 EST 2010

Dear all,
		I am trying to run a Zero inflated Poisson on an unbalanced Panel using the command line as suggested by the manual.

In my case the command line is

Poisson; Lhs=NOF_SITE; Rhs=One,MEMBERYE,PC,POP; Rh2=One,MEMBERYE,PC,POP; ZIP; Pds= _GROUPTI $

Unfortunately, the output shows  first

Warning   246: Poisson/NegBin w/ panel. Cannot compute fn at current parms

and then there is the estimation of a Poisson regression with Random Effects.

I tried to use the zero inflated poisson without the Panel specification and everything seems ok. But, of course, I am interested in the ZIP with Panel Data.

Does anyone have any clue where I am getting wrong? Or maybe Limdep has some limitations with such models?

Thank you

Best

Enrico Bertacchini

Enrico Bertacchini - Researcher
EBLA - International Center for Research on the Economics of Culture, Institutions and Creativity
NEXA Center for Internet & Society, Politecnico of Torino

Via Po 53, 10124 Torino, Italy
TEL +390116704982
Skype: enricobertacchini