[Limdep Nlogit List] Help with panel data and Error Comp. Logit

Gulsah Akar akar.3 at osu.edu
Mon May 3 13:39:23 EST 2010

Hi,

I am having a problem related to the panel specification for discrete choice models (Pds=...). My data is in the discrete choice format. I have 30 choices for each individual and repetitive observations. The number of observations vary among the individuals.

So, let's say I have 5 observations from the first individual. Then, I have 5 x 30 =150 rows associated with this individual. So should the _groupti variable be 5 or 150 for this individual? Actually I tried both and I am getting an error in both cases, "the number of observations do not match the individuals" I can not figure out what exactly I am missing.

Thanks!

Gulsah

Gulsah Akar, PhD
Visiting Assistant Professor