[Limdep Nlogit List] random effects probit with clustering

Thornburg, Steven sthornburg at wsu.edu
Sat Jul 31 07:03:09 EST 2010

Philip Grossman

It depends on how your data is arranged and whether you have balanced or
unbalanced panels

See R6.5 & E17.4

For balanced panels you need to specify the group size

;pds= panel specification

e.g.

;pds=10

Using your variable names from below

probit

;lhs=Z I=N, T=X

;rhs=one,independent variables

;panel

;pds=X

;random effects

;MARGINAL

$

For unbalanced panels you need to create a variable that indicates group
membership

e.g.

;pds=ti

The following is an example of the script I might use for creating a
group count variable for unbalanced panels

sample; all$

noskip$

sort; lhs=Xsessionindex; rhs=*$

create; Xsession=ndx(Xsessionindex,0)$

regress; lhs=one; rhs=one; str=Xsession; panel$

create; Sessionsize=_groupti$

probit

;lhs= lhs=Zti

;rhs=one,independent variables