[Limdep Nlogit List] start=logit with NL

William Greene wgreene at stern.nyu.edu
Fri Jul 10 05:19:45 EST 2009

Kandice: Whether an MNL starting value is computed is independent
of the setting of RU1 vs. RU2. (At least it is according to the
internal program code.) You should not have to add ;Start=Logit
to the command. However, that will do no harm; the program should
always compute the initial MNL model. There is no other place to
get starting values. I can't say I can come up with a reason why
the MNL results were not reported.  On your ;IVSET instruction,
you should use IVSET:(...)=[1] to force the value to equal one. I.e,
include it in square brackets. Otherwise it is just a starting value.
The program reports mu, not 1/mu.
/Bill Greene