[Limdep Nlogit List] error = nonpositive weights

Kandice L. Kleiber kandicelk at gmail.com
Wed Sep 3 06:34:51 EST 2008

Hi - I have created a loop in limdep that runs a special kind of jackknife.
The loop runs 15 times, and on each loop a few observations are dropped and
the first set of weights are used (15 weights).  I have checked all of the
weights, and they are all positive numbers (except for zero, for the
observations that are being dropped).  I have changed all of the zeroes so
that LimDep will recognize those observations as missing values.

My problem is that I keep getting the same error, that I have a nonpositive
weight or that my namelist variable is not in the table.  I need to create a
matrix to store the output for each loop, but I don't think that should be
preventing this program from running.  Any ideas?  My coding and output is
below.

Thank you -
Kandice.

--> reset;
Initializing NLOGIT Version 4.0.1 (January 1, 2007).
--> read; file=D:\LIMDEPDATA\ATTEMPT105.XLS; nvar=50;
    nobs=1000; names=1 $
--> namelist; weight=p3cgwt1, p3cgwt2, p3cgwt3, p3cgwt4, p3cgwt5,
    p3cgwt6, p3cgwt7, p3cgwt8, p3cgwt9, p3cgwt10, p3cgwt11, p3cgwt12,
    p3cgwt13, p3cgwt14, p3cgwt15 $
--> proc
--> reject; weight:i=0 $
--> nlogit; choices=corncorn, soycorn, corn, soy;
    lhs=prop;
    rhs=one, pr5y1, pr5y2, pr5y3, hel1, hel2, hel3, sl051, sl052,
    sl053; wts=weight:i$
--> sample; all$
--> endproc
--> execute; i=1,15 $
  Error    85: ;WTS - variable not in table or nonpositive weight found.
  Error   498: Skipping  14 repetitions after error flag set.
Maximum repetitions of PROC