[Limdep Nlogit List] Starting values in LCM

William Greene wgreene at stern.nyu.edu
Tue Sep 2 06:31:51 EST 2008

NLOGIT uses the MNL values, but slightly changed - by a few percent.
You can specify your own starting values, but that is almost sure to
make things worse for the optimization routine. If you want to see
the starting values, add ;OUTPUT=3 to your command, then compare the
values shown for the first iteration to the results for the MNL model
which will be just above them.
/B. Greene