[Limdep Nlogit List] problems with opening

Jiang, Frank fjiang at ivey.uwo.ca
Thu Nov 27 13:35:48 EST 2008

Dear all,

I am a beginner with LIMDEP.  I am running LIMDEP 9.0 on Windows XP.
There is a problem when I tried to transfer a STATA data file to LIMDEP.
The STATA file contains 412 variables and 158,337 obs.  File size is
106.6 MB.  It was converted to a .lpj file using Stat/Transfer.  The
size of .lpj file is 248.6MB.  The problem is I couldn't open the .lpj
file using the "Open project..." command in the "File" menu.  There's
now error message or anything.  Simply no response from the package.
The problem remained when I reset the data area to allow for 166,666
rows.  I suppose this enough given the number of obs I have.  I repeated
the same procedure on a small STATA file. It worked perfectly.  Can
anyone advise where the problem is?  It's extremely frustrating to be
stuck at this non-essential step.

Thanks

Frank Jiang