[Limdep Nlogit List] endogenizing a count estimation within a probit

William Greene wgreene at stern.nyu.edu
Sat Jun 14 18:24:35 EST 2008

Bob.
(1) No, there is no routine for a probit model with an endogenous
count variable. You would have to work out how the endogeneity
got into the model. The Poisson model does not have a disturbance
in it.  So, what unobservables in the Poisson equation are
correlated with the unobservables in the probit model to induce
the endogeneity?
(2) I don't understand the second question. (Irrespective of the
answer to (1).)  Is this suggesting a Poisson model with sample
selection - I have a couple working papers on this and you can
find a very long discussion in my recent Foundations and Trends
paper - then somehow dropped into a third (probit) equation?  Or
something else.
Regards,
/Bill Greene