[Limdep Nlogit List] (no subject)

William Greene wgreene at stern.nyu.edu
Sat Aug 30 07:50:26 EST 2008

That kind of message often signals that you have the wrong model. In this case,
evidently there is no evidence of random effects contained in the data. If you
suspect the specification of the RHS, try fitting the model with only one or a
very small number of variables, and build it up a little at a time (assuming it
gets started at all, which it may not).  Note that this has nothing to do with
the algorithm. The RE truncation model uses BFGS.  It's not possible that one of
the other algorithms will improve on this.
/B. Greene